A J.Crew sale, a Free People Mary Poppins bag, and more

But first: homeware you can find on Amazon
skimm_your_life

But first: homeware you can find on Amazon

Editor's Note

Even though Amazon’s Prime Big Deal Days are technically over, I still have a lot of worthwhile finds sitting in my cart. I usually turn to the retailer for cleaning supplies, products for home organization, additions to my analog bag, and general toiletry restocks. Here’s more of what I’m eyeing:

Margo Ghertner

Margo Ghertner

Commerce Editor

Shopping Spotlight

J.Crew’s Friends & Family Sale is happening right now

Look cute and save 30%. Love this for you.

fall clothing

🛍️ A houndstooth and lace skirt that has Nora Ephron protagonist energy.

🛍️ A polo sweater you can wear solo or as an outer layer.

🛍️ A pair of charmeuse trousers that come in countless unique colors.

🛍️ A pullover sweater with a built-in scarf.

Click here to shop the sale.

The Daily Steal

The best beauty items to grab from Amazon

Today's Must Haves

Here are three of the hottest products on the internet this week:

sneakers, fleece jacket, throw blanket

1. Salomon x FP Movement XT-Whisper Sneakers: They’ll add a pop of color to any monochromatic outfit.

2. Uniqlo Fleece-Lined Stand Blouson: A Princess Di-coded fall staple.

3. Bedsure Faux-Fur Blanket: Amazon’s best knockoff of a Lola blanket.

(Not So) Silly Little Treat

Our editor’s best friend loves bags — here’s her latest favorite

Free People Baby Emerson Tote Bag

“I was on the hunt for an elevated fall bag that I could throw a bunch of sh*t into (mainly books and/or my Kindle) that wasn’t a Baggu. I’ve also been really leaning into a boho Y2K vibe, and a Balenciaga Le City Bag is well outside my budget. After many weekends hunting down similar bags at TJ Maxx with no luck, I took the plunge on Free People’s Baby Emerson Tote Bag. It’s perfectly slouchy, the crossbody strap makes it easy to throw on and go, and there are lots of areas for bag charms. It holds basically all of my everyday essentials with room to spare, and the Bitter Bark shade is classic, yet autumnal. I can confirm it's worth its internet hype.”

Daera Thomas

Skimm'r from Chicago, IL

In our series (Not So) Silly Little Treat, Skimm’rs share the joy-sparking products they’re buying during the week.

Bookmark This

🎃 The fall candle our editor’s mom buys religiously every single year.


💝 The best gift for the person who’s hard to shop for.


🥰 Plus, the sweetest “get well soon” care package they’ll actually reach for.


🎉 A personalized matchmaking service that doesn’t require swiping? Count us in.


🐱 Our go-to spot for any and all pet essentials, including this adorable Halloween costume.


🧥 This stylish cinched anorak is ideal for dog walks, errands, travel days, and more. Use code SKIMM20 at checkout.

theSkimm Shopping

Want more product recs?

Follow us on Instagram
@skimmshopping for all your shopping needs.